Tuesday 5 January 2016

Record rain in December 2015 and into the New Year.

I may change my name by deed poll to Captain Webfeet. Today I did my circuit of Coppull, 26 miles, under a cloud. From Horwich and on through Rivington it began to rain, mainly dry for us according to the tv weather girls. As I rode round the circuit I was amazed to see I was surrounded by big blue patches of sky, riding a good deal of the time in bright sunshine with beautiful frequent rainbows but all the while it was raining on me. I imagined some spirit sitting on the rain cloud above me gleefully steering the bloody thing over me with a broad divine grin on an ecclesiastical face. I made it back to The Rivington cafe for a welcome pot of tea and gazed out through the window on a sun drenched bowling green, no rain, just sun.
Refreshed I began the trip home, cheers, it wasn't raining. However good things never last, down came the rain again as I reached Horwich with the guy in the sky steering the cloud above me no doubt delighted to have found me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment